Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Gimme a Sign…

I love riding my bike in the country…way too much stop and go in town…even one as small as mine…there are still stop signs and traffic signals…even if there isn’t any traffic…
So…I hightail it to the country back roads…just as fast as my little feet can pedal me…there’s such a sense of freedom…little traffic…few houses…but…also…a very limited number of pit stops…
Now…for me…pit stops are vital…when Nature calls…I need to answer…and…at my age…it seems…Nature…has me on speed dial…if you know what I mean…geez…
On what I call my…go-to…rides…I usually have a country store where I know…I can stop…use the facilities…buy a little something…take a little break…and be on about my business…no problem…
Except…sometimes…I vary my route…there’s nothing worse than being 10 miles from home…with Nature calling…and nowhere to go…
Trust me…I know…because it happened to me…just like that…not sure if I’d gone further that day…or if it was just…one of those days…but…there I was…in the middle of almost nowhere…and I needed to go…bad…that’s when I noticed…a small country Church…and although…it was on a corner lot…between two country roads…it had a very big HVAC unit…big enough to hide a middle aged biker…with a full bladder…
I must admit…I felt rather guilty…blasphemous…even…what would God think…if I defiled…literally…His…Holy Ground…but…it was one of those situations…it was gonna be easier to ask for forgiveness…than permission…and…there was no way…I could pedal back home…it just wasn’t happening…
Reticently…I did what I had to do…leaned the bike…against the building…headed around the HVAC unit…and there…as big as you please was…a…shiny…white…porcelain…toilet…just sitting there…like it was waiting for me…I kid you not…it was there…
No…I didn’t use it…honestly…as much as I would have loved to…I was afraid to open the lid…for fear of what was in there…the old song lyrics…I don’t like spiders and snakes…came to mind…but…I did take it as a sign from above…that all was well…all was forgiven…at least…this once…
And…once…was all I needed…that day…
Jane

6 comments:

  1. All I can say is... I love your Moxy! You go girl!! Well - you already did that!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn...I think it was desperation...not moxy...that took over that day...LOL!

      I'm always asking for signs...this time...I think I got one...

      Delete
  2. I've also hit that place where...when you have to...you just have to. Great reason to own a 4 door vehicle. Open both doors and go in between!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Arlene...next to dogs...this is the most challenging part of cycling...

      Delete
  3. Hehe I laughed as I thought about this moment for you Jane! When our bladders get full... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty memorable...that's for sure...and...I laugh remembering...

      Delete