Thursday, April 12, 2012

As Seen on TV…

Okay…I admit it…I’ve tried some of…them…those products from the infomercials…products…that promise to do everything from keep your bra straps in place…to…get the pet hair off the sofa…and…pretty much everything in between…
Heck…why not…there’s a checkout aisle at the local Wally World…that’s devoted to them…how can I resist…
Results…the bra strap thingie…you would either have to be severely double jointed…or live with someone else…to actually get them in place…unfortunately…I am neither so…they sat in a drawer…until I finally threw them away…in an attempt to get rid of the things…I no longer need…
Not quite impressed with the latest picture hanging wonder…either…somehow…it didn’t work quite as easily…or…well…at my house as on TV…however…I do have one picture hanging on the wall…but…unlike advertised…I do believe it will leave a place if I pull it out of the wall…
Come on…admit it…you’ve probably purchased at least one of these products…for…only…$19.99…that promise…to solve all your problems…and…make coffee in the morning…yeah…I thought so…but…it’s okay…your secret’s safe with me…and a few of my closest readers…but…I digress…
So…I already know…many of these products are more…hype…than…function…why…oh why…do I still get glassy-eyed when I see them…why…do I pull out my hard earned cash…and plunk it down…saying…I’ll take it
Well…your guess…is as good as mine…but…Bertha…says…it’s…hope…that’s right…hope…I still have hope…that something…that I can actually use…will be invented to keep my bra straps on my shoulders…hope…that I can really hang pictures without leaving a pox mark upon my wall…
And…while she says…hope…is a good thing…maybe…just maybe…I should keep my money…secured…in that brand new keep everything organized purse…you know the one…As Seen on TV…
Jane

1 comment:

  1. I admit... I've succumbed...

    The Perfect Pancake Maker - not even close to perfect pancakes...

    The Hair-Dini (for Maddie) yeah... not even close to being as easy as the infomercial made it look...

    Big Top Cupcake maker... this one actually works great! And who doesn't love a cupcake the size of an actual cake?!?

    I also bought The Firm exercise videos and equipment in one of my attempts at weight loss (before I discovered that the depression was the REAL culprit behind the weight gain...). Those products were great... but you're right - I bought it because of hope... because the women on that infomercial were on a journey just like me. They were real people... and I thought - if they can do it, so can I... the product was good - but I hadn't yet figured out what my root issue was... So... I used it... with minimal results...

    Anyway... if nothing else - informercials are entertaining.

    ReplyDelete